Saturday, June 30, 2012

Home from the Hospital

I went into the hospital on June 26th and came home yesterday on June 29th.  This second round of chemotherapy wasn't as bad as the first because we were able to get ahead of the nausea.  Since Gloria and I spent our anniversary in the hospital it made sense for me to spend my birthday there as well.  It was a good one though.  I usually take a walk around the pond at McKay just to get out and get some fresh air. As we were preparing to go down I saw that some of the family was down there and I just figured they were going to meet me down there to talk my walk. What a wonderful surprise to find my grandma, aunts and uncles, parents, and brothers and sisters, and nieces and nephews. There was a lot of my family there. My nephew Logan had an idea to bring 31 balloons for being 31 years old and towards the end of the b-day party each person got a balloon to send up to heaven as a prayer to help me through this and to help my family as well.  Its moments like these that it becomes so clear why you have to fight and give everything you've got to become triumphant over trials and challenges.  Its because of family and wonderful bonds of love and understanding that go hand in hand that make it worth fighting and moving forward.






2 comments:

Mamacita said...

That was a fun way to spend our anniversary with you as we have done for many, many years!!! Love you!!!!

Aaron said...

I love to read your updates on you and your family. You, Gloria and Baby Whitesides continue to be in our prayers and daily conversations around our home. I'm glad to hear your spirits are so high and this treatment was an improvement from the last. We love you.