Monday, June 18, 2012

White Blood Count Blah

Today I went to get my white blood count tested again because it was a little low last Thursday. I went in and had it tested in it was even lower.  In fact my platelets are producing next to zero white blood cells so they had to give me a shot, and I will be getting shots all week in hopes that they can raise the white blood count otherwise I will have to postpone the second round of chemotherapy until it is stable. I was given the same instructions to avoid the crowds and especially even more shaking hands. I have a semi-important meeting I need to attend tomorrow and there will be lots of people so I've decided I will take hand-sanitizer and wear a mask.  Maybe I can scare them by saying I have SARs or Swine Flu, but then the CDC would probably come in and quarantine me so I'll just let everyone's imaginations race as to why I have a mask on. This is just a small bump in the road and I am confident that we'll be able to start the second round next Tuesday as planned. Thank you again for all the prayers, thoughts, love, support, and good energy. Keep sending it our way because we can honestly feel it and it is helping me more than you know. 

2 comments:

Mom said...

You are my HERO!!! Love you tons and tons. Actually there are no words to tell you just how much I love you:)

Brad and Karlie Lundell said...

How's the white blood cell count? We've been praying for you all week. Still thinking of you!