Monday, June 4, 2012

Time to Lay the Smackdown - Chemotherapy

Today we went to see Dr. Johnson this morning and everything looked good on my tests to start chemotherapy and so we decided why wait, lets take the fight to this lame weak tumor and lay the smackdown on it here and now! Tomorrow I will start chemotherapy at McKay-Dee.  I will be there for three days in-patient and then home by Friday to recuperate.  I am anxious to get this going and positive that it will be successful.

Today we had our head-shaving party and if this tumor only saw how much support I have, it would be wetting itself out of fear of what is going to happen to it.  Today we counted around 38 wonderful people of family and friends that either shaved their heads, or cut off ten inches or more of their hair. It was a very touching and humbling experience.  The only reason I didn't cry is because this was a fun and happy gathering, but had I cried it would have been because of love, gratitude, and admiration for the army that I have in my corner. In total we had around 90 people show up and had a great time shaving heads, cutting hair, eating food, and swimming. I am hyped and charged with such great energy, and love and support that tomorrow I go to the hospital not afraid, but eager to get one step closer to kicking cancer's butt! Thank you for all of your love and prayers, keep them coming because that is where we get the strength to move forward.




6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly J. said...

You're gonna kick its butt, Jona! Thinking about you and your family today. Good luck my friend! You rock!

Meg said...

Jona- we are praying for you and your family. You are so strong and positive and it pays off. If I still lived in Utah, I would have likely taken care of you in the operating room...you are in good hands with Dr. Goff.
You rock Jona!!! Oh, and I like the buzz cut! Great that so many could follow your new style. ;)
Take care.
Megan Waterfall Wallace

Kara said...

Jona I just read the article in the paper. Just wanted to let you know you are an inspiration with your positive attitude and the way you have handled everything happening to you! I will keep you and your family in our prayers:)

Kara said...

This is Kara (Loomis) Leff:)

Judy said...

You are rockin' the new do! Looks Good! The Smackdown has begun!