Thursday, June 14, 2012

Update - June 14, 2012

I thought that I would get on here and give everyone a little update on what is going on in the Whitesides family. My nausea has been off again on again kind of like Rachel and Ross and believe me I wish the nausea and I were on a break...so I have started taking the anti-nausea medicine again and I seem to be doing great. I went to get my white blood count done today and I was told it was a little low and not to be alarmed.  I have to get it tested again on Monday.  The nurse was really nice and gave me a few instructions and said I should take into the account the following:
  • Wash hands frequently
  • Avoid large groups
  • Avoid touching your face
  • Watch for fever
  • Watch for cold sweats
  • Wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant
  • Avoid shaking hands
  • Avoid hugs with those that are not immediate family
I had to list these because some of them are random and some of them are funny. Like avoid touching my face, how am I going to pick my nose, shave, put my contacts in, or manscape my eyebrows...

Avoid shaking hands and hugs with those that are not immediate family, don't they know that I go to a Spanish branch.  Handshakes there are a minimum but hugs and kisses are expected, I guess I'll have to skip church for another week so as not to make anyone feel bad ha ha.

On another note, I went to work today. Yes that is right, I drove myself all the way down to Salt Lake City, and worked for about 4 hours. I felt like that kid who leaves home for the first time on his way to kindergarten.  It was great to give my mind a break and get down to work on a few things that were pending there. Everyone was awesome and super nice to me.  It was a great day to say the least.  I was careful though to not handshake with anyone and I definitely did wipe down my desk, computer, mouse, etc.

Unless something else really eventful happens in the next few days I will post again on Sunday.

1 comment:

The Green's said...

You may not remember me Jona, but my name is Tiffany Toponce. I dated Michael right before everyone left for missions. My mom just told me that she read an article about you in the paper and I decided to check it out. I just want you to know that I am so impressed with your positive attitude. Your courage and faith are admirable to say the least. I hope that everything goes well. I will be praying for you and your family. You have an very beautiful family by the way. Darling kids!