Monday, July 30, 2012

I've Been a Little Tired

I guess my posts are becoming more sporadic as the more chemotherapy I am doing, the more it is taking a toll on my body in the sense of being tired. I still feel good and am up and about doing the things that I need to get done, but that extra energy and focus is sometimes hard to find. I still consider myself very blessed as I am still able to do quite a few of normal things like go to the store, drive myself around, go to church (at least the first hour), and most importantly spend quality time with Gloria and Zoe.

Now for the update! As stated previously I was admitted to the hospital for a third round of chemotherapy on July 17th.  It went well and I was home on Friday afternoon July 20th.  I was a little bit tired though and unfortunately was not able to return to work the following week.  During the 1st and 2nd round of chemo I was able to return to work by the following Thursday but it just didn't happen this time. All is okay because I was able to get a few work related items done from home and my friends at work (they are so much more than just co-workers) have been and continue to be a great support. I'm excited to be back in the office tomorrow and get some things done. There is a great feeling that is hard to describe about having some normality and even routine come back into one's life. 

Until the next time, thank you for all your support and prayers!

2 comments:

Mom said...

It's coming buddy!!! Soon your life will be back to complete normal, as you once had it. But the good part of all of this is that we have learned some very important eternal lessons!!! I am so thankful for our family and that we KNOW that families are eternal!!! LOVE you forever!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that your attitude will pull you through this more than anything. I am a survivor. I know. Good luck to you and your family.