Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fast Forward to September 2013

If I could turn back time I would have taken better steps to keep an more up to date journal so that I could relate all the things that have happened but I guess I haven't updated this blog like I wanted to because a part of me wanted to just enjoy my time with my family.  Being cancer free you have a different outlook on life and the things  you may have taken for granted you try to remember in the good times and to never take for granted again.  I guess I've been enjoying life so much I forgot to write it down here.  So please forgive me for that and here is an update of what has happened in the year 2013 thus far.  Not much of this is cancer related but I share it with you because these are things that might not have happened had we not have been triumphant:

February:  We went to Ecuador and took Zoe to meet all of her relatives that have so long anticipated her arrival in this beautiful South American country.


May: We set off some balloons marking the one year anniversary from when I was diagnosed with cancer.  We let go of white balloons to symbolize hope, faith, and love.  It was a tender moment and a beautiful one at that. We also celebrated our 10th Anniversary of marriage and what a great way to celebrate by having beaten cancer together and to be free of it.  We went went back to New Jersey to the place where Gloria and I met.  It was awesome to see the places we had been, what our lives have transpired to now, and how bright the future looks going forward:





June: I had the opportunity to participate in the Relay for Life Run at my alma mattter Bonneville High School.  It was a great opportunity to show my support for cancer research and at the same time celebrate with my family the blessing of being cancer free for the past 9 months. I was able to walk a lap with a care giver and that was Gloria and Zoe walked with me in Tia Lucinda's place.  Gloria's aunt came to live with us just a few months before I was diagnosed and what a blessing she was and support to us during the tough times.

;

August: We celebrated Zoe's 2nd birthday and what a blessing to see her grow everyday and the joy and happiness she brings to our lives. It was divine intervention that she came to us when she did so that she could be both of our motivation to get through this and to fight day in and day out.  Gloria and I knew we needed to beat cancer just as much for her as for both of us so that we can enjoy the blessing of having earthly experiences together day in and day out. We love you Zoe!



September: We and mainly Gloria deserved a long vacation and in celebration of our 10 year anniversary went on a cruise to the Caribbean.  Our anniversary was in May but we since we went to New Jersey we wanted to do something extra fun and spend time relaxing and having fun in the sun. 



No comments: