Friday, October 5, 2012

Post Surgery Second Update

For those that may not know, even though the surgery was a total success, there were still pathology reports that we were waiting for to see if the margins around the tumor were clean or free from cancer.  That report was given to us on Tuesday by Dr. Goff.  All the margins were clean and no traces of cancer in the tissue around the tumor were present! There was some residual cells which is not uncommon but that can be treated with a combination of radiation/chemo and in my case hopefully will be very minimal.  It is interesting to note that Dr. Goff placed clips inside my chest wall where he thought the areas that would most likely have cancer in the tissue and all of those places came back negative for cancer.

From a spiritual perspective, my father has given me many blessings through this fight with cancer and every time he has specifically blessed me with "clean margins" around the tumor.  I am grateful for those blessings of a loving father and his faith in the Lord's ability to treat me and make me whole again.

I have a follow up on October 22nd, and from there we'll know what post surgery treatment I will have and we will go from there.  Thank you for your continued thoughts, faith, love, support, and prayers.   

No comments: