Sunday, May 27, 2012

Echocardiogram - May 27, 2012

I am a little late updating everyone on this post. Thursday we went and had an echocardiogram done and I was a little worried because the ultrasound tech wanted to remove the steri-strips and I am still a little over protective of that area even though I'm sure it has healed fine. Needless to say she was able to get all the information she needed without removing them. When we finished Gloria asked her how it looked and her response was typical of any hospital personnel who is not a doctor.  She said that only a doctor can interpret the results of the test and that they would let me know on Tuesday. Tuesday I have a chest x-ray and a follow up from the surgery.  Wednesday Dr. Goff will insert a portacath into my chest in preparation for chemotherapy, which will be great so I won't have to be hooked up to an IV.  Also the drugs being used are the strongest ones used for thymic cancer and so a portacath is the preferred method to receive the drugs.  I will be getting a combination of: Cisplatin, Cyclophosphamide, and Doxorubicin. On Thursday May 31, I will meet with Dr. Johnson and he will let me know when I start chemotherapy. I'm hoping I can do it over the weekend but we'll have to see what he says.

No comments: